• Implementation of elements of a safety management system (system evaluation, product stewardship, accident investigation…)
• Guidance of companies towards effective (chemical) project implementation: coarse HAZOP, final HAZOP, Identifications of the major accident scenarios, quantitative risk assessment, IPF-study, recommendation follow-up.
• Judgement of cost effective safety aspects for projects starting at the drawing board, construction phase, commissioning and start-up, till operational phase.
• International auditor safety systems: Safety audit, pre-start-up audit, insurance audit…
• Knowledge and implementation of the legislation and standards in the chemical industry: CE, NFPA, AD-merkblätter, CODEX and European legislation, including codes of Good Practices (e.g. SCC, ISRS, INTEGRA)
• Development of procedures according the best practice without excessive cost.
• Training (development and teaching of procedures)
• Development of company emergency plans. This includes the decision concerning the emergency equipment. (Emergency team and crisis management)
• Start-up involvement of several grass-root plants